PHILADELPHIA – There will be several road closures and traffic detours in place on Tuesday, October 24 for the funeral service of Philadelphia Police Officer Richard Mendez. Traffic delays can be expected in these areas. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Full details on the closure can be found below.
The following streets will be closed from 5 a.m. until the conclusion of the service on Tuesday, October 24:
- 18th Street between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Vine Street
The following streets will be closed from 6 a.m. until the conclusion of the service on Tuesday, October 24:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 16th Street and 22nd Street
- Vine Street between Logan Circle and 16th Street
- Race Street between 17th Street and 18th Street
- 17th Street between Vine Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 19th Street between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Cherry Street
Additional streets in the vicinity of Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Eakins Oval may be closed or detoured by Philadelphia Police should conditions warrant.
The streets listed above will be posted as “Temporary No Parking” zones. Motorists must adhere to “Temporary No Parking” signs. Vehicles parked in these locations during posted hours will be relocated. If you believe your car has been relocated, call the police district of the area where your car was parked.
SEPTA route detours will be put into place and service is subject to change. Customers should refer to System Status regularly for updates to routing throughout the day.