Health & Safety
The Health, Safety and Tranquility Committee shall establish and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with Government and City Agencies ie: Police, Fire, Health, Streets, Parking Authority and Highway, as well as other agencies as needed regarding the quality and safety of LSNA and its residents. Duties of the committee and sub-committees are as follows:
- Works to maintain law and order and safety of person and property.
- Reports aggressive and/or abusive panhandling.
- Identifies the safe and prompt removal of hazardous materials and helps to control dangerous situations found on public property or open spaces.
- Works to control, suppress and/or eliminate pest and vermin disease, including but not limited to fleas, flies, mosquitoes, mice and rates.
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of roadways, traffic control devices and overhead lighting.
- Ensure that walkways and street crossings are safely negotiable for handicapped individuals, people with infants/small children and other pedestrians.
- Oversee that garbage, trash, debris and recyclable materials are removed from residential properties at least weekly and oversee similar collections from commercial enterprises.
- Oversee that the timely cleaning of storm sewer inlets are done and/or repaired or replaced as needed. Also, sanitary sewers as the need arises.
- Ensure that the removal of snow and application of ice melts on streets is performed as needed.
- Act as a liaison with LSNA Town Watch groups.
The Committee meets on the first Tuesday of alternate months, starting in February, at the Tivoli Condiminium Community Room, 19th and Hamilton Sts (please check in at the front desk). Please email email@example.com to RSVP and be informed of any changes in meeting time/location.
7:00 p.m.: Police Service Area 2 meeting with Ninth Police District officer liaison
7:30 p.m.: Committee meeting
Health & Safety Goals of Logan Square Neighborhood-Parkway Plan
In partnership with the Philadelphia City Planning Commission, LSNA hired professional planners to prepare the Logan Square Neighborhood-Parkway Plan. The Plan articulates a shared vision for the Logan Square community based on the input of residents, businesses, institutions, and other key stakeholders. Click here for the full text of the Plan.
Please contact the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to help implement the health and safety-related components of the Plan.
We are a small group of volunteers, so please consider contributing some time – as little or as much as you can spare – to help LSNA with health and safety-related concerns.