PHILADELPHIA – The City announced the road closures and public safety information for the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K taking place on Sunday, March 26, 2023. Philadelphia’s premier spring half marathon will take runners on a course that showcases the City’s historic landmarks and picturesque landscapes.
The Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K is a “rain or shine” event. Traffic delays can be expected during the course of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes. Road closures, parking restrictions, and details can be found below.
The following streets will be closed on Friday, March 24 beginning at 7 p.m. in preparation for race day:
- MLK Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic until Monday, March 27 at 7 a.m.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, March 26 beginning at 3 a.m. until approximately 1 p.m.:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 22nd Street to Eakins Oval
- Eakins Oval from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Kelly Drive from Eakins Oval to Brewery Hill Drive
The entirety of the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K courses will close at approximately 6:45 a.m.:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to Eakins Oval
- 16th Street from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to John F. Kennedy Blvd.
- John F. Kennedy Blvd. from 16th Street to 20th Street
- 20th Street from John F. Kennedy Blvd. to Market Street
- Market Street from 20th Street to 15th Street
- Penn Square to Juniper Street
- Juniper Street to Market Street
- Market Street from Juniper Street to 6th Street
- 6th Street from Market Street to Arch Street
- Arch Street from 6th Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Brewery Hill Drive to W. Girard Avenue
- W. Girard Avenue to Lansdowne Drive
- Lansdown Drive to Sweet Briar Drive
- Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Falls Bridge
- Black Road to Avenue of the Republic
- Avenue of the Republic to Memorial Hill Dr
- Memorial Hill Drive to S. Concourse Drive
Roads will be reopened as they are serviced and cleared. All roads in Center City are expected to be reopened to vehicular traffic by 11 a.m. Detailed course maps for Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K can be found online.
“Temporary No Parking” signs will be posted in connection with the closures listed above, with parking prohibited in posted areas on Sunday, March 26 between the hours of 4 a.m. and 1 p.m. Motorists must adhere to “Temporary No Parking” signs. Vehicles parked in these areas during posted hours will be relocated.
SEPTA Bus Routes 2, 4, 7, 16, 17, 23, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 43, 44, 45, 47M, 48, 49, 61, 124 and 125 will be detoured from their normal routes through the Center City area and Old City area beginning at 3 a.m. on Sunday, March 26 through approximately 6 p.m. Detours will be posted, and specific route changes are available on the System Status Page at www.septa.org.
To access the full Press Release, click here.