Location: The Franklin Institute (use the street level entrance off 20th St)
As Logan Square has been growing, families with children and people with dogs have been hoping for better places for both to play. Friends and members of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) have been scouting out such possibilities with the City and PennDOT. The possibilities look promising within the strip of land between Winter St and the Vine St Expressway as construction is completed - and with little or no loss of residential permit parking.
Initial efforts have been led by Sarah Clark Stuart, members of the Design Sub-committee, and LSNA with support from the City, PennDOT, and the landscape firm, Ground Reconsidered, to sketch out both a PLAYSPACE and DOG RUN, all within a linear Greenway concept between 20th and 23rd Sts.
We look forward to meeting with residents, parents, dog owners and other stakeholders in this part of our neighborhood. As shown above, we have set up a meeting to share with you what looks to be possible and to get your input on the plans. Also, see attached flyer.
The Streets Department has announced that trash and recycling collection for Tuesday are cancelled. Residents who have Tuesday pick-up are asked to hold their trash and recycling until next week. The Department will make a decision on Wednesday’s trash collection tomorrow based on the status of the plowing operation. Residents should expect delays. There will be no collections picked up in driveways for the remainder of the week beginning Tuesday. Residents should place materials at curbside in the front of their homes all week.
* 400 block of N. 20th Street
Please note: Work will be conducted overnight - , based on the City's posted hours of operation, beginning Sunday, March 12th. Your cooperation with parking restrictions and barricaded areas is appreciated and will help our crews to work safely and efficiently. Construction is scheduled to be completed within the week.
We invite you to visit PGW's Worksite Map at www.pgworks.com/worksites for project locations and view the 5 Steps of Pipeline Improvement for information about the pipeline improvement process, its benefits and impact.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work every day to improve the safety and reliability of natural gas service delivery in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Gas Works
President, Logan Square Neighborhood Assoc.
Participants will assemble off-street at Eakins Oval frombefore marching EB on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway at . The march will proceed to 15th St, around City Hall and terminate at Thomas Paine Plaza by .
Road closures will be minimal and rolling. Roads will be opened as the demonstration passes. We do not expect any major amplified sound in the vicinity of the Parkway and Eakins Oval.
1835 Arch St
Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Eakins Oval. To ensure the safety of participants and the public, road closures and parking restrictions will be implemented in the vicinity of the event. Delays can be expected during the course of the demonstration. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes, and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Please refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow and is illegal.
Participants in the march will assemble at Logan Circle, Aviator Park and Benjamin Franklin Parkway beginning at 7:00AM. The march portion of the demonstration will commence at 10:00AM. The march will start at 20 th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway and proceed westbound to Eakins Oval, where the rally portion of the demonstration will commence at 12:00PM. The demonstration is scheduled to conclude at 3:00PM.
The following streets will be closed starting at 6:55AM until approximately 12:00PM on Saturday, January 21st :
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 16th Street and 20th Street (including Logan Circle)
- 19th Street between Race Street and Vine Street
- Race Street between 20th Street and Logan Circle
Streets closed for the march assembly will open as they are cleared.
The following streets will be closed starting at 6:55AM until approximately 4:00PM on Saturday, January 21st:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th Street and Eakins Oval (all lanes)
- 21st Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Winter Street
- 22nd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Race Street
- 23rd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Spring Garden Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Kelly Drive (outbound) from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Fairmount Avenue
- Martin Luther King Drive between Eakins Oval and Sweet Briar Drive
- Spring Garden Street Bridge at 31st Street
20th Street will be temporarily closed between Callowhill Street and Race Street during the march from approximately 10:00AM to 12:00PM, but will otherwise remain open to traffic.
Starting at 6:55AM on Saturday, January 21st, due to the closure of the outer lanes on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, traffic headed inbound on Kelly Drive must exit Kelly Drive at Fairmount Avenue.
Those wishing to access the rear of the Philadelphia Museum of Art may continue to 25th Street and turn on Anne d’Harnoncourt Drive.
The following streets will be posted as “Temporary No Parking” zones from 5:00AM-2:00PM on
Saturday, January 21st :
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16 th Street to 20 th Streets (both sides of the street)
- 20th Street from Race Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway (east side of the street)
- 19th Street from Cherry Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
- 18th Street from Arch Street to Vine Street (both sides of the street)
- 17th Street from Race Street to Arch Street (both sides of the street)
- 1600 Cherry Street (both sides of the street)
The following streets will be posted as “Temporary No Parking” zones from 5:00AM-6:00PM on
Saturday, January 21st :
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 20 th Street to Eakins Oval (all lanes; both sides)
- 21st Street between Pennsylvania Avenue & Race Street (both sides of street)
- 22nd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Winter Street (both sides of street)
- Park Towne Place between 22nd & 24th Streets (north side of the street)
- Sedgley Drive from Kelly Drive to Poplar Drive (both sides of the street)
- 2100-2200 Spring Garden Street (north side of the street)
Please obey all “Temporary No Parking” signs. Vehicles parked in these locations during posted hours will be relocated.
Due to related street closures, SEPTA Bus Routes 7, 32, 33, 38, 43 and 48 will be detoured from their normal routes through the Benjamin Franklin Parkway area beginning at 7:00AM on Saturday, January 21st through 6:00PM. Detours will be posted and specific route changes are available on the System Status Page at www.septa.org.
Public Safety Information
In the event of an emergency, or to report a suspicious person, activity or item (a backpack, a package, a container), notify a police officer immediately or call 9-1- 1. Do not try to open, move, cover or touch a suspicious item.