DHCH focus groups will be held in West Philadelphia, South Philadelphia, and North Philadelphia west of Broad Street.
The dates are:
Please consider taking two steps to help provide that neighborhood input:
The City's Division of Housing and Community Development is looking for resident input to help it determine what strategies are needed to address housing, education, employment, transportation and other neighborhood issues. They recognize that the CPI community is made of residents who really care about making a difference, so they asked me to pass along this request!
1. Complete and online survey about housing - including your most recent experience looking for housing - and other issues in your neighborhood. You can access the survey at www.phila.gov/dhcd
2. Consider participating in a focus group at which housing and neighborhood issues will be discussed in more detail. A focus group consists of 10-15 people, led by a facilitator, exploring issues together for about 2 hours in the evening. DHCD will provide dinner and a gift card to participants.
- West Philadelphia - Aug. 31, The Enterprise Center, 4548 Market St.
- South Philadelphia - Sept. 6, Diversified Community Services, 1529 S. 22nd St. (at Tasker)
- North Philadelphia, west of Broad - Sept. 13, Nicetown Court, 4340 Germantown Ave.
Each focus group will run from 6:30-8:00PM. A light dinner will be available starting at 6:00.
If you are interested in participating, please contact DHCD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DHCD needs a mix of homeowners and renters, so when you email this address, include the following:
1. The date of the focus group that you are interested in attending and
2. Whether you are a homeowner or renter.
This is an opportunity to talk about housing and looking for housing, the strengths and weaknesses of your neighborhood and the steps the City can take to help it improve. I hope you will consider participating!
Donna J Carney, AIA
Director, Citizens Planning Institute
Philadelphia City Planning Commission
1515 Arch St, 13th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102